Do I Need a Permit

Most temporary mud and debris flow devices that are for temporary protection will not require a building permit. Temporary is generally defined

as 180-days or less, or in this instance of flow protection, for the duration of the rainy season which is October 15, 2017 through April 15, 2018.

The City of Burbank will work with property owners to expedite all proposed devices that require a building permit. Some measures may require

a Hillside Development Permit for a permanent solution. The following is a guide of temporary protective measures that require a permit.

Permanent measures are indicated where applicable: